One of the ways to buy a cover for your Hobonichi is through the official Hobonichi websitewebsite. However, if you live outside Japan and you have ordered from the Hobonichi store, you soon noticed that the shipping costs are sometimes equal to half the price of a Hobonichi book or more –depending on where you live.
What happened to me was that I placed an order for a set of things but I didn’t order a cover for my weeks Hobonichi. When I received the order I regretted not having ordered a cover, but I didn’t want to place an order whose shipping would be much more expensive than the articles themselves. This is when I started looking into alternatives for my weeks cover, and I found a few options which I thought I should share with you.
Here they are:
- What I ended up buying for my weeks was a Filofax Saffiano Zipped binder. The reason why I loved it was because the Hobonichi weeks fits perfectly, it was tons of pockets and also –the best feature of all– the rings are removable and you can use it simply as a weeks cover!
- You have Jepens.com which sells both, the hobonichi covers and the book in A6. Actually, I bought my Hobonichi in A6 from this shop and shipping was free.
- Kawaii Tokio on Etsy sells covers and some accessories as well
- Lunablue bags also sells covers on Etsy, and basically Etsy has a myriad of options to find a cover for your books
- Amazon also sells some covers
- FoxyFix sells leather covers, beware of choosing a cover that’s the right size and width.
- Gillio Giramondo has amazing leather covers as well, although more on the pricey side
So, here you have them. If you placed your Hobonichi order but forgot or didn’t want to order a cover, there are many options out there where shipping is less expensive and that are great options for your Hobonichi books.
If you have ordered covers from other places, do let me know in the comments. Thank you for stopping by!