Meet Isabel from Mexico
Hi everyone, today’s story comes from Mexico, please share it and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, that way you will be notified whenever I upload a new post.
Thank you for reading!
Who are you? What is your name or instagram name if you don’t want to display your name, where are you from and where do you live?
My name is Isabel, I’m from Mexico and I live in Mexico City; my Instagram name is Issyfrage and I mostly post about my love for stationery, planners, colorful things, positive quotes and sometimes I also post about my everyday life.
What notebooks do you currently use, what for and why these particular notebooks?
I currently use 4 planners which are the following:
- This month I’m using a Royal Purple Dokibook with zip as my Main Planner (since I have collected a lot of planners throughout the year, I switch the binder every month, although my sections remain the same) I have 5 different sections:
- Yearly and Monthly overview, here I have all the important appointments, due dates, holidays, vacation days, birthdays, concert dates, Netflix premières hahaha!.
- Bullet Journal, this is the section I use the most, I jot down all of the things I have to do every single day, from remembering to check my email to meetings with friends, I have a terrible memory, so this section is basically my life saver.
- Week at a glance, since my bullet journal contains a lot of important information, I don’t like to decorate too much and get distracted from my tasks, however we Planner Girls love planning because it’s a way of expressing our creativity so in this section I get to use all my beautiful supplies: color pens, washi tape, stickers, stamps, sticky notes etc.
- Contacts, in this Planner Community you’re always sending and receiving “happy mail” from your friends around the world, either planners, supplies, anything you can’t find in your country or sometimes even Birthday/ Valentine’s /Christmas surprise packages
- Brain Dump, because I always need a blank page where I can write down whatever without worrying about ruining my pretty layouts
- A Fluro Pink Original Filofax as my Fitness Planner: Fitness has always been an important part of my life, so I had to dedicate an entire planner to it; in here I basically track the meals and exercise I do every day and I also have other fun sections such as: Healthy Recipes, Tips &Tricks, Motivation and Challenges
- A Turquoise Domino Filofax as my work binder: This isn’t a planner exactly, but when you’re a Planner Girl, you always want to find a purpose for all the beautiful binders you own, so I decided to use this one for my work. I’m an English teacher, so I always need to have in hand information about my groups, my classes, extra activities, the school activities and so on.
- A Neendori traveler’s notebook: This one isn’t a binder so I wanted to use it for something different than organization, inside it I have a notebook I use as my everyday journal, another notebook for gratitude and a third notebook as a creative journal, where I can draw, paint, make doodles, just whatever my soul needs in that moment.
Why do you plan?
I started planning since I was in the University because I’ve always have had a bad memory and I needed something to keep me on top of things, however, I started “Pretty Planning” almost 2 years ago.
Why did you decide to start posting pictures of your planners?
I can’t remember how I came across the Planner Community on Instagram, but if you check this hashtag, you can immediately feel drawn to it, I knew I wanted to be part of this wonderful community! What better thing that lovely girls and pretty stationary?
What drives you to continue using journals or planners?
I think for a lot of girls, this is the only creative outlet we have time to explore or we feel secure in, I continue to use planners and journals because is the best of both worlds: Something you can use to relax and develop your creative self and also something that helps improve your everyday life and deal with your obligations and responsibilities.
What is your dream and what would you say to people who are working to achieve their own dreams?
I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs in life and I’ve learned that the most important thing is to feel at peace with yourself, to love yourself before anything and anyone else and by achieving this, anything you have ever wanted can become a reality… So my advice is: Be brave enough to love yourself in order to acknowledge that you deserve the realization of your dreams.
Planner related dreams? Free worldwide shipping!
What are your favorite stationery shops?
Kikki k, The Ink Road Shop, The Idea Owl, Hello Papercat, Lovely Scrolling (one of my Mexican friends), YupiYeiPapers and LetsPaperUp (Colombian friends) and Target, unfortunately, we don’t have Target here in Mexico, but everybody knows it’s basically Planner Heaven.
Who are your favorite journalers, entrepreneurs or people that you look up to?
I truly admire and love all the women in the Planner/Journal Community, lately these ladies have been some of my favorite journalers:
My dear friend Tina @pastelpaperplane
My sweet friend Amy @amiecrux
The amazing Sophie @plannerphie
How did you learn to journal the way you do, and what keeps you inspired?
I don’t think you can learn how to journal or even decorate a planner, we all have different styles and perspectives, we get inspiration from each other and we share our methods for anyone who needs them but at the end you eventually end up finding your own style… Besides, it is extremely frustrating to try to journal or plan or decorate as someone else.
Oh! And there isn’t any better way to continue to be inspired than to check all the planner posts on Instagram, Pinterest and You Tube, I can always get inspired and motivated in these sites.
Tell us about 2017, what are the next steps and how do your journals help you get there?
I’m pretty excited for 2017, I have the feeling it’s going to be a year that will change the direction of my life and in order to do so I know it’s important to continue in this intimidating but so rewarding journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance and I know my journals and planners will be there with me every step of the way because I do need them to continue being this place where I can shelter myself from the outside world and concentrate on only colorful pens, pretty papers, and cute stickers.
As of right now, I’m setting a “Well-Being” Planner/Journal, a binder where I can gather all the beautiful things that cross my path that help me enjoy life even more, a binder where I can turn to every time I need information to become a better person or information that reminds me the valuable being I am whenever is imperative.
Thank you for reading!
Thank you so much to Isabel for accepting being featured on my blog. Note that all photos belong to Isabel. If you want to borrow any, ask for permission from her.
And of course, don’t forget to follow her on Instagram as @Issyfrage