Yet another year, we are alive! If you are like me and love having a planner set up for a new year, please join me in this blog post where I will share with you the planner(s) I started using this year.
For a 3rd consecutive year, I am using my Hobonichi in all sizes. Here is how each one is being used:
- Hobonichi cousin – my personal management. This planner is used for work, life, family plans, reminders, appointments and everything that happens in my life that relates not only to me, but everyone in my family and work.
- Weeks – This is a planner hat I am using to annotate only tasks. I was recently promoted and I am supervising people and I realized that I needed to have a place where my tasks and my team’s will live. Nothing personal goes here.
- My Hobonichi A6 – this is my art journal and lettering practice notebook
- Moleskine pocket size – this is the second year that I am using a book like this, this year I customized it with key words to remind myself of something important to me. This is my personal journal. Here, I write my personal reflections and thoughts, sometimes ideas and sometimes memories. This book goes everywhere with me.
- My Jibun Techo large – This is the first year using this planner and I have fallen in love. I see myself using it for 2019 again. This planner is for me to see what happens in my week and that is related only to me, things I am in charge of doing as a family manager. It is a bit of a duplicate of what is in my Hobonichi cousin because some reminders live in both planners but the Jibun Techo contains as extended version of personal things that I write in my cousin. Here I also plan my meals for the week, write down doctor’s appointments and write a description of each one of my days.
- My 5 year hobonichi planner is to document my son’s life and his milestones.
So this is my 2018 line up. This system works for me and has helped me simplify my life, it’s a system that I have managed to create and design in 2018, and I don’t have to think much about it. I know where everything lives and where to find things. It has required a bit of discipline to write things so that the system will work properly but I am happy.
These planners, everything about them, bring happiness to my life and I am happy to use them everyday. I am not using ring planners much or any other system.
Here’s how my books look like:
What planners are you using and how do you like them? Happy 2018 everyone! May this be a fantastic year for us all.